Sunday 24 August 2008

Spam

It's probably not a good thing, but my spam folder seems to be getting filled with far more interesting things than my main inbox. My inbox contains things like someone asking me to send them £1,400 as a deposit and a month's rent. It contains things reminding me about job applications for perfect jobs that I've half filled in but given up on because I have no hope of getting them. It contains announcements for gigs that I'd love to go to but I haven't got a hope of being able to afford them.

However my spambox contains items of brilliance. Gone are they days of "V1AGRA, NO PRESCR1PT10N!!!11oneeleven!!1!!1!", penis pills and Nigerian princes wanting to give you $7m. Now they seem to be all about the antics of Paris Hilton and Britney Spears. Some are self explanatory, like Paris Hilton nude on the beech and Britney Spears sex tape and some are just plain bizarre, which is what I plan to document here.

Often they try to mix sex with topicality, as with Paris Hilton denies screwing Ron Paul and Paris Hilton: The Day I Found Out Gary Glitter Is My Dad and things that would have been topical (yet still odd) had they been sent a year ago like Paris Hilton has wrong size electronic tag.

However, my favourite for the moment (and I'm worried I won't ever be able to top this), coming to a cinema near you soon (maybe):

Hilton auditions for Nazi Orgymaster: The Max Mosley Story biopic

No comments: